What We Do
BBM distributes high quality construction aggregates throughout The Bahamas, including Nassau, through its network of terminals, located at:
- Arawak Cay, Nassau, New Providence (FOB)
- Freeport Harbor, Freeport, Grand Bahama (FOB)
- BBM does not offer Trucking & Barging, but complies and maintain a list of Barging Companies & Truckers which they share with Customers.
BBM also offer service to 3rd Parties, i.e. Companies wanting to bring in their own Bulk Products
Who We Are
BBM is a Bahamian owned company, opened for business 14th March, 2011, BBM’s Shareholders are involved with the following Construction Areas:
- General Building Contractors & Developers
- Road Works & Asphalt Plants
- Construction Project Management
- Marine Construction
- Supply of Ready Mixed Concrete
- Bulk Cement Supply
- Aggregate Supply
BBM’s limestone is mined in Grand Bahama at Bahama Rock Quarry (a Martin Marietta Company), limestone is known as an oolitic limestone formation. Limestone is made up largely of calcite (calcium carbonate). The primary source of the calcite in limestone are marine organisms. Some of these organisms can construct mounds of rock known as coral reefs. The term “oolitic” limestone comes from its granular (oolite) appearance. Oolitic limestone is made up of small spheres called ooiliths that are stuck together by lime mud. Ooiliths form when calcium carbonate is deposited on the surface of sand grains rolled (by waves) around on a shallow sea floor.
Limestone is the preferred aggregate in the Bahamas in concrete, due to it’s strength, local availability and appearance. Limestone aggregates are also readily used for structural backfill, seawall rip rap and open grade roadways.